Skip to content

Holiday firms warned over unfair cancellation charges

I’ve been hit with an unfair fee – what can I do?

If you think you’ve been charged a disproportionately high cancellation fee or had a deposit withheld unfairly, you should first complain to the firm itself.

If you’re unhappy with the response from the firm, check how to escalate your complaint. If the firm is a member of an alternative dispute resolution scheme, it should have directed you to this. Alternatively, check if the firm is a member of an association such as ABTA and see if you can escalate to it.

You can also contact Trading Standards via Citizens Advice.

Unfortunately, if this doesn’t work your only option may be to challenge the unfair term through the courts. Speak to Citizens Advice to get guidance on your individual situation.

Click here for Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *